Leek and Potato soup has to be one of the most filling and tastiest of all soups.
You can have it plain and simple or, as it is here, served with a garnish of cod, chorizo and wild rocket.
Porrusalda is a typical dish served in bars and restaurants across Basque country. This recipe serves eight people.
- 6 leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 600 grams of potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 16 thin slices of chorizo iberico
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Chives snipped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 litre of fish stock
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 small pieces of salt cod (de-salted)
- 4 bunches of wild rocket
Sweat the leeks and garlic in the olive oil over a gentle flame. Add the potatoes, carrots and cover with fish stock. Boil for 10 minutes, liquidize then pass through a fine sieve. Season to taste.